I had thot about starting it months ago, but never got around to it. So here goes.... (if you are receiving this and you want to be removed, let me know. I won't be offended. :-) )
So, currently, the boys are involved in xc. This year Skye is not on Varsity, which makes us sad. But...as teen years would have...car meets, car talk, friends, anything but running, are just WAY more important!! (insert eye roll) They're both doing well. Skye has received a couple medals for coming in in the top 15 of the meet. If he wanted to run 7 miles each day he could be on V, but he says it's too much work. Fine! Sage is doing better each meet as well. He had a goal to beat a certain teammate and HE DID IT!! Now, it's no big deal to pass more and beat more. We only have 3 more meets and then Districts & State. Oh how I wish we were going to both of those. At least we did last year and Dad was able to be there to watch Skye shine. There are 140 kids on the XC Team....most ever!
This group is just JV
Speaking of which...it's been 5 months (on 26th) that Dad passed. The days get easier, but still lots of emotional times. Now I believe those that say they think of their loved one every day. Yep, EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!!! Seems like I'm always texting Jim about something or a memory that makes me sad. Right now, Shane has finished with harvesting beans. Duane + Harvest goes together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. :-( I'll go home during corn harvest, but told Shane I may cry.
Being blessed with how Dad took care of our future, Mark and I have been able to do some minor (but costly....geez!) updates on our home. It's all kept me busy!! We put new, and much needed, carpet in all the upstairs bedrooms. Before all that was done tho I had to prime/paint two coats each on the ceilings. Now THAT was a a job!! I think I painted for 8 hrs in like 2 days. Never again!! Sage's allergies seem a bit better due to clean carpet, so that's a plus! Actually, the Master doesn't have the new carpet yet. We're having a new shower, lights, mirror, and countertop put in and they aren't done yet. It takes so much time...waiting on stuff to dry, the electrician, the plumber, the remodeler, painter....blah blah blah. Hopefully, in 2 wks or less now. I think it's already been 3 weeks. UGH. After all that is done then the carpet will come.
One thing I know is that Dad would be so proud of us for investing $$ into our main investment...our house. We aren't the type to spend stupidly...buy a new boat, put in a pool, whatever.
Due to a hail storm back in May, I believe, we had damage to all our front South facing windows. Yippee!! Those were the ones that needed replaced and were replaced. Gosh they look so nice. Fortunately, our roof was fine. Odd tho, since everyone around us had roof damage. But, whatever. We chose to replace the ones in master bath as well cuz I could put a knife between the pane and wood. yikes!! We were lucky enuf to find a window on Craigslist for Skyelar's room, which is good cuz the glass pane was ready to fall. We had another basement window do the same thing about 2 yrs ago. Then I found a patio door on C-list for 1/2 price as well. The bsmt door is rotten and warped so this was a great find. Come to find out the door I found retailed for $5400. Cough, cough...WHAT!!! I got it for far less than 1/2 then. It's like the top of the line door with blinds inside, fancy handle, etc. I can't see it since it's' still in packaging. I was supposed to stain it but good grief the packing is ridiculous. I'll just wait till it's up.
This weekend is Homecoming (HoCo) and Mr. Skyelar has a date! No, they're just friends. She's been around and at our house last year and this summer. Her brother is one of his friends. He made the sign and everything w/o me even knowing. We went to JCP a couple weeks ago and got him a suit. First ever suit. Black pants/jacket/shirt with purple tie and socks. Can't wait to see him all dressed up. I'm taking photos of the two of them at The Capitol tmrw afternoon. Then, we're supposed to go to the Haymarket for more with their group. Not sure how much the friends will get since it'll be after 5 by then, they have dinner reservations and the dance starts at 7. I don't care as long as I get my 2 photos. Stay tuned, of course, for photos.
Carry on ya'll....








No comments:
Post a Comment